FORM (www.formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for an Intermediate UX/UI Designer to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real-time.
Our founder and CEO, Dan Eisenhardt, swam competitively for 14 years before starting his career as a sports technology entrepreneur. His previous company, Recon Instruments, introduced the world’s first smart eyewear for sports in 2010 and was acquired by Intel in 2015. FORM employs many of the people from that original team, leveraging decades of combined expertise in sports-eyewear design, activity-tracking algorithms, and augmented-reality optics.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
The Intermediate UX/UI Designer should have four or more years of experience and a compelling portfolio. They should be comfortable not only designing visually appealing interfaces, but also wireframing interaction flows and creating prototypes. They should also know iOS, Android, and product design like the back of their hand, and they should be prepared to assist the VP of Product, the Creative Director and Senior UX Director with product development.
- Work closely with the Product team to brainstorm and design detailed site maps, user flows, user stories, pathways, and information architecture
- Design UI/UX for iOS, Android, and our FORM Swim Goggles
- Wireframe, annotate, and create prototypes that represent user-centric design flows and interactions
- Understand trends and experiment with different forms of user-centric design, either by using pre-defined concepts or by developing new ideas and bringing them to the team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of mobile and other user experiences with descriptions of your process, role, and contributions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 4 years of industry experience in UI/UX and/or interaction design in products that have been released to market.
- Knowledge of best practices and tools for developing user journeys, task flows, and wireframes for mobile applications.
- Experience in information architecture, interaction strategy, customer research, and the construction of software.
- An aptitude for translating project needs and brand characteristics into an authentic interface solution.
- A demonstrated ability to prototype and qualify UI design concepts to meet functional UI/UX design requirements.
- Experience using Sketch and wireframe prototyping tools such as InVision, Framer, Principle, and proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Swimmer or triathlete (or willing to become one) … living and breathing our product helps you make it better.
- Wearables design experience an asset.
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup environment.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and priorities.
- You have your finger on the pulse of the design world—you eat, sleep, and breathe what’s trending.
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- UX and UI Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)