FORM (formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Creative Director to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Smart Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time. For the first time, swimmers using our goggles can see real-time visual feedback, with metrics like split times, distance, stroke rate, pace per 100, and calories displayed directly in the swimmer’s line of sight – in pools, open water, and swim spas.
Since launch in 2019, our goggles have been awarded the RedDot Product Design Award “Smart Device”, iF Product Design Award, German Innovation Award, and an ISPO Brand New Award. Press, pro-athletes, and influencers love what we’re doing and are proud to use our goggles. We have an amazing team of people who are fun to work with and serious about what they do, leveraging decades of combined expertise in consumer products, ranging from sports eyewear design to activity tracking algorithms.
To learn more, visit formswim.com.
The Creative Director defines the soul of FORM’s brand and visual identity. They create the vision and lead the development of brand books and style guides, ensuring that all visual touch points are of highest quality, and align with company and brand strategy. Working directly with both VP Product (manager) and VP Brand & Revenue, they ensure Product (app and goggles) as well as Sales and Marketing experiences have a consistent, aligned, high quality visual design. They are the leader of our graphic and UI design practice, coaching, mentoring and providing performance feedback for all designers. They review and provide feedback on work from UX/UI designers, graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, and videographers ensuring the visual presence of FORM across channels is on brand and high quality.
- Lead the strategic creative vision for the FORM brand, including ownership of the creative output of all customer facing materials and activities across Product, Marketing, eCommerce and Retail – ie. UX/UI, development of creative concepts, art direction, graphic design, interactive design, digital experience, mobile design, visual display, styling, photography, and videography.
- Create all FORM’s brand marks and style guides across all channels, including app, goggles, web, social, email, print, video, packaging, events and retail.
- Ensure consistency of marks and graphic elements across all channels.
- Play a leadership role for the visual design work at FORM, providing direct, constructive feedback to UX/UI and Graphic designers on their work throughout the year.
- Manage the creatives in both Product and Sales & Marketing, coaching and providing feedback on how they can improve.
- Identify and advocate for evolution of FORM’s visual identity over years, staying at the leading edge of latest trends.
- Develop and ensure consistent brand voice and communication design across all brand touchpoints, both Product and Marketing & Sales.
- Lead concept workshops and brainstorming for creatives supporting campaigns, product launches, and new strategic in-app experiences.
- Guide creative team members through graphic design, fine arts, motion graphics, and other creative industry fields including visual layout, brainstorming, and copywriting.
- Manage all creative projects including deadlines, deliverables, and tasks assigned to the creative team.
- Lead Weekly Creative Review Meeting for Marketing & Sales team; co-lead Product UX and UI review sessions.
- Lead regular sync of design craft members (UX/UI designers, graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, and videographers).
- Work with the eCommerce team to understand campaign performance to optimize creative for stronger results.
- Build and manage the annual creative team budget and resource plan.
- Support selection and management of external agencies and contractors.
- Presenting creative concepts and campaigns to stakeholders.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years working experience in creative roles (graphic design, UX/UI design, experience with motion graphics, video production), with at least 3 years in leadership roles.
- Experience with user experience based communications, creating and/or overseeing the following types of work:
- App development
- Website user experience + design
- Brand Architecture & Guidelines
- Ability to craft and tell a store in a compelling way
- Digital marketing
- Animation/motion graphics
- Packaging design
- Investor Materials
- Experience managing and growing creatives in various roles such as copywriting, videography, photography, and graphic design.
- Familiar with industry standard tools, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, etc.
- A proven track record of successful execution and an inspiring portfolio.
- Passion for athletics
- Wearables experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup environment
- Self-starter and proactive
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and priorities
We’re daring, we’re focused, we’re human.
We thank you for your interest in FORM and to everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
FORM is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that we are better able to achieve our goals and live our core values of being daring, focused and human, when we have a diverse team of employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, race, colour, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Why are you interested in this position?
creative: 10 years (preferred)