This job is available for application through CareerHero. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more information.
We are passionate about building resilient communities and have been BC’s most trusted name in electrical contracting since 1944. From airports, shipping terminals, and water treatment facilities, to hospitals, universities, and shopping centres, we deliver integrated electrical solutions for our industrial, commercial, institutional and residential customers.
While we are leaders in electrical construction, we also specialize in a wide range of in-house technology solutions, including AV, building automation systems, data networks, healthcare systems, and security. As a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we take pride in our talented people and collaborative culture that bring our client’s vision to life.
About the position:
Currently, we are seeking a Project Manager to join our Building Controls team in the Lower Mainland, currently reporting to the Director, Controls.
The successful candidate will work closely with the field team (foreman, installers) and technicians (designers, programmers) to achieve project performance, budget and schedule targets. They will be responsible for providing project progress reports and labour forecasting. This role requires excellent organization and communication skills.
- Advocate for and demonstrate our core values: safety, quality, integrity and inclusion
- Promote and contribute to our collaborative culture
- Follow our standards, policies and procedures
- Professional, timely and proactive communication with clients
- Professionally manage our relationship with the client
- Provide budgets or estimates to the client as required
- Manage project scope including change management, initiate and manage change orders
- Develop and manage project schedule to proactively coordinate project resources and site access
- Ensure all project requirements are known and understood by all team members
- Follow all processes and procedures for project compliance
- Purchase materials and equipment
- Regularly visit project sites
- Provide accurate job status and progress reporting
- Provide accurate resource forecasting based on job progression
- Managing project budget ensuring awareness of and adherence to the allowances for each phase of the project
- Issue appropriate invoicing for the client
- Ensure commissioning is completed and all deficiencies are dealt with
- Ensure as-built drawings are accurate, completed and submitted
- Manage client sign off and project close out process in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure effective project handover to service team where applicable
- Maintain knowledge of and promote all our services
- Solid technical knowledge of Building Controls Systems preferably Reliable and/or Schneider
- Experience working within the BC Controls Industry and familiarity with local consultants and mechanicals
- 3+ years of project management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively
- PMP certification an asset
- Building Controls trades qualification and/or electrical trades qualification an asset
- Risk management, change management and contract administration knowledge preferred
- IT, Network and Communication systems knowledge an asset
- Strong computer skills required including proficiency with MS Office
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must remain calm and professional under pressure
- Must be organized and able to manage many projects at one time
- Must have excellent team work and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to resolve conflict, handle demanding clients and work well with other people
- Strong English language and communication skills
Culture is important to us. You must be collaborative in nature. You are a solution focused team player and always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. We offer an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package as well as a competitive incentive plan and many company sponsored events.