Netskrt is looking for talented, results-driven Software Development Engineers to join the Netskrt team.
We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that
improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer Wi-Fi to their customers but which have limited bandwidth.
You are somebody who enjoys solving problems and has a customer-centric mindset. You should be passionate not only about learning new technologies but also about running systems and software in the real world. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility, be a team player and a self-starter.
You have exceptional technical skills, and enjoy solving challenging problems. You are a quick learner, you adapt easily and you have great interpersonal and communication skills.
Netskrt offers the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience with storage, networking, analytics, and cloud technologies. As part of the development team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions to solve challenging problems in a startup environment; working with accomplished engineers and a leadership team with a proven track history of success.
Be very hands-on; work as part of the engineering team on day-to-day development activities and implementation tasks. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer excited by the possibilities of cloud-scale software, with a passion for networking and/or big data solutions. Key responsibilities include design, planning, implementation and coding, documentation and testing of software/solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5-years experience developing large scale software systems
- Proficiency developing in dynamic object-oriented programming languages (C, C++, Python, Java)
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience working in a Linux environment
- Proven experience in developing large scale applications using:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack)
- Configuration/container management (Chef, Puppet, Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Big data analytics and advanced analytics (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, YARN)
- Network switching and routing technologies
- Network drivers; including experience with DPDK
- Hardware /low-level software drivers
- Experience with tiered storage solutions
- Database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with caching and CDN (content delivery network) technologies (Netflix, Amazon, Google, Limelight, Akamai, Fastly)
- Data security (TLS/SSL and related ecosystems)