FORM (www.formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for an iOS Developer to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Smart Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time. For the first time, swimmers using our goggles can see real-time visual feedback, with metrics like split times, distance, stroke rate, pace per 100, and calories displayed directly in the swimmer’s line of sight – in pools, open water, and swim spas.
Since launch in 2019, our goggles have been awarded the RedDot Product Design Award “Smart Device”, iF Product Design Award, German Innovation Award, and an ISPO Brand New Award. Press, pro-athletes, and influencers love what we’re doing and are proud to use our goggles. We have an amazing team of people who are fun to work with and serious about what they do, leveraging decades of combined expertise in consumer products, ranging from sports eyewear design to activity tracking algorithms.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
We’re looking for an iOS Developer who will assume a proactive role in the overall design, development, and release of FORM’s iOS app. Reporting to the Mobile Software Manager, the role will be responsible for all stages of the development process from helping define requirements and UI to deploying the iOS app. The role requires someone who is passionate about code ownership, clean architecture, and delivering the best experience for our users. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative and fast paced environment, and have experience with agile development, we’d like to talk to you!
- Design, architect, and build FORM’s iOS app with a modern and rich UI.
- Work closely with UX and product teams to transform requirements and mockups to product features.
- Collaborate with and mentor other developers to establish best practices for the team.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and architecture and coding practice discussions for new features and the overall app.
- Identify new mobile technologies, trends, opportunities and how they might relate to improving our products and business.
- Maintain the highest level of product reliability, code quality, and reusability by writing unit tests and integration tests to validate new software features.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience developing native iOS apps.
- Passionate about programming and software development.
- Highly skilled at Swift.
- Good knowledge of iOS APIs, design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with modern iOS frameworks and libraries such as RxSwift.
- Contributed to and/or published several apps in the App Store.
- Experience implementing Bluetooth low energy (BLE) functionality between two devices would be an asset.
- Experience working with and/or designing REST APIs.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and pay attention to details and the quality of the code.
- Experience collaborating with product stakeholders (QA, Product Managers, Ux/UI Designers, etc.).
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile development is an asset.
- Leadership and ability to positively influence others are an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Intuitive understanding of good user experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup environment.
- Ability to multitask effectively as required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: self-starter and proactive.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities.
We’re daring, we’re focused, we’re human.
We thank you for your interest in FORM and to everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
FORM is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that we are better able to achieve our goals and live our core values of being daring, focused and human, when we have a diverse team of employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, race, colour, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC (preferred)
Why are you interested in this job?
iOS Development: 2 years (preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19