FORM (www.formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a VP Finance to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Smart Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time. For the first time, swimmers using our goggles can see real-time visual feedback, with metrics like split times, distance, stroke rate, pace per 100, and calories displayed directly in the swimmer’s line of sight – in pools, open water, and swim spas.
Since launch in 2019, our goggles have been awarded the RedDot Product Design Award “Smart Device”, iF Product Design Award, German Innovation Award, and an ISPO Brand New Award. Press, pro-athletes, and influencers love what we’re doing and are proud to use our goggles. We have an amazing team of people who are fun to work with and serious about what they do, leveraging decades of combined expertise in consumer products, ranging from sports eyewear design to activity tracking algorithms.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
Reporting to the CEO, we are seeking a VP Finance to have an ongoing impact on company operations, helping the company to analyze, strategize, and grow our financial position. We are seeking a seasoned strategist who not only understands current practices and trends, but has proven experience in understanding deals, financial statements, and research. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with department heads, ensuring all are supported in reaching our collective goals. You’ll provide detailed financial statements and projections, budgetary guidance, and strategic recommendations in order to pursue and achieve milestones of growth.
As a member of our leadership team, you will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear analytical abilities, communication, and presentation skills.
- Leads the preparation of financial and operational budgets, forecasts, and plans
- Leads the development and reporting of business and financial scorecards to monitor business performance and support effective decision making
- Oversight and responsible for effective financial reporting that enhances the culture of financial accountability throughout the organization
- Supporting the development, implementation and achievement of Finance goals and objectives, and ensure these are aligned with the overall business strategic plan and initiatives
- Planning and directing financial budget and forecast processes for short- and long-term decision-making
- Supporting cross functional/departmental initiatives and projects from planning, through to implementation as required
- Continually seek opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures and systems that will enhance the quality of work and service provided by all finance team members
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met
- Working with the CEO to identify and secure funding for the company’s ongoing, long-term operational needs.
- Working alongside the CEO, define and implement the company’s strategic vision in developing new business opportunities and securing funds to achieve organizational objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) with a strong work ethic and integrity
- A minimum 7-10 years of experience in accounting and finance in a similar role of similar level of responsibilities
- Experience with both a hardware company and SaaS environment
- A demonstrated ability to lead teams through the phases of a growing start-up
- A proven track record maintaining International Financial Reporting Standards
- A background in supporting various forms of fundraising
- Clear understanding of financial KPI’s for SaaS businesses
- Both International and Canadian experience in full cycle finance and accounting
- Proven history of excellence and timeliness in external and internal financial reporting and financial reporting/tax compliance
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing accounting process improvements
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities with experience in researching and preparing technical accounting and tax memos
- Impeccable accuracy with numbers and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, fast growth entrepreneurial environment, have a ‘solution based’ mind set, and be proactive in driving improvements to processes and systems
- Analytically driven, with proven success in translating data into insights and action
- Clear communication skills and ability to explain financial concepts to a broad audience
- Experience in consumer electronics, fitness, or wearable electronics is an asset
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup environment
- Self-starter and proactive
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and priorities
- We’re daring, we’re focused, we’re human.
We thank you for your interest in FORM and to everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
FORM is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that we are better able to achieve our goals and live our core values of being daring, focused and human, when we have a diverse team of employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, race, colour, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC (preferred)
Why are you interested in this position?
accounting: 7 years (preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19