Field EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
Flatiron Constructors, Inc
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Provides technical engineering information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes and contract specifications.
What you will be doing
- Meets daily with project crews to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Collects, coordinates and analysis shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data through the duration of the project to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Notifies team members and manager of any significant schedule changes and recommends solutions for management consideration.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Remits accurate project quantity input and controls using assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. Manages cost coding with Company finance and accounting teams regarding employee time, materials, equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Reviews and approves daily timecards for all Company construction crews. Works with Office Manager, payroll and job construction supervisors to resolve timecard inquiries, as needed.
- Reviews project specifications for quality assurance at the beginning of work, during the project work and after work completes. Initiates and manages appropriate certificates, inspections and other documentation regarding construction production on the project site.
- Works with construction crews and engineering leaders to plan field layout on the project site, ensuring appropriate utility and commercial lines are marked before production begins. Initiates and manages any permits needed before work can begin.
- Conducts required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Attends weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedules and provides technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with owner representative and field crews at the end of the project.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- 1+ years of construction engineering experience required.
- Beginner knowledge of construction equipment & techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to the project.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication needed.
- Proven self-starter and self-motivated to learn and grow knowledge.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time management
- Construction engineering experience or knowledge required.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.