We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you love working on impactful strategy and the opportunity to get hands on to execute these ideas? Can you put yourselves in the shoes of your audience and think about their journey? Are you excited to grow as a marketer while passing on your experience to mentor your team members? For you, metrics and data don’t just help measure success, they help you build bigger and better campaigns — and that’s exactly what you’ll have the chance to do at Thinkific!
As the CRM Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will build and oversee how we communicate, what we communicate, and when we communicate our marketing and sales messages to our customers. This will be done through various marketing channels, such as webinars, in-product, but predominantly through email. You know how to create unique and conversion-driven marketing content and run experiments to identify what works (and what doesn’t). You’ve likely dabbled in a bit of everything in past roles, but you’re passionate about conversion optimization, lifecycle marketing, CRM segmentation, and ultimately, helping potential customers solve a problem.
In this role, you will:
- Strategize, plan, and implement email and marketing automation programs to convert leads to Thinkific users, increase product engagement among existing users, and drive free users to become paid customers
- Diligently analyze and optimize marketing performance to drive conversions. You love data at your core!
- Work with various marketing stakeholders to create and optimize the ideal customer journeys and segments in order to build customer lifecycle marketing programs and relevant nurture flows
- Manage the growth and performance of our marketing database, overseeing metrics like email conversion performance, email deliverability, and database growth
- Ensure our marketing initiatives meet and maintain regulatory and compliance standards
- Build, write, and publish email campaigns as required
- Manage and mentor a growing team of marketers focused on demand generation and email
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of marketing experience, with 4+ years in email and marketing automation
- Be a strategic thinker and hands-on executor, including solid writing skills and experience creating marketing content
- Demonstrate experience managing CRMs, segmenting customer personas, and mapping customer journeys to successfully nurture customers to conversion
- Have a proven and successful track record of implementing complex digital marketing and nurture flows for a large scale SaaS audience
- Take a strong data-driven approach to marketing campaigns and marketing automation. You’ve previously queried data, derived actionable insights, and built strategic email plans that impacted overall conversion metrics and sales
- Show advanced experience creating and optimizing marketing programs across various customer personas and their respective customer journeys
- Possess strong technical prowess and working knowledge of how various marketing automation systems both operate and integrate together — for example, how email systems integrate with chatbots and CRM systems
- Have experience managing strong email deliverability and managing email compliance regulations (such as CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have actively mentored a team and are eager to take on leadership responsibilities in an senior marketing role
- Can demonstrate past wins and nurturing a large number of consistent, relevant customers
- Are able to plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, open rate, analytics, A/B testing and acquisition funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
- Have direct experience with marketing automation tools such as ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, or Marketo, as well as CRMs such as Salesforce or Hubspot
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company (ideally during a high growth stage)
- Have experience managing other marketing team members
- Already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified
- Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!