This job is available for application through CareerHero. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more information.
We innovate the way brands are built. That means we do things differently so they’re better than before. In this way, we make our clients’ most important marketing assets—their brands—win in a changing world. Our company is innovating the way brands are built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in Media, CRM, and creative communications services. We are headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 60,000 dedicated specialists.
As a global award-winning digital performance marketing agency, and a brand, iProspect draws upon an in-depth understanding of consumer behavior to help clients meet the fast-paced demands of the convergent world. In 2017, iProspect won over 200 awards and was named a Leader in The Forrester Wave ™: Search Marketing Agencies, Q4 2017. Top clients include Hilton, GM, Microsoft, Bank of America and P&G.
The Buying Manager is responsible for overseeing the smooth functioning of the Media Team on the large BC Government account. The Buying Manager will be responsible for $10m+ in media billings across Traditional and Digital Media. They are an expert in client service and have strong project management and organizational skills. Knowledge of the BC media landscape – traditional media is essential.
- Oversee the Government buying team and manage key deliverables for the client
- Ensure media status has captured all active buys and is updated weekly to discuss with clients
- Attend weekly client status to run through key plans and updates
- Manage timelines with the buying team and client expectations on deliverables
- Discuss media needs with clients- understanding traditional media in order to discuss estimates/costs and briefs to buying team
- Work closely with the digital team to check in on expectations and manage client accordingly
- Oversees the BCR for Traditional and Digital -working closely with the Operations team
- Report into Account Director and Media Manager with key updates on progress or issues where additional support required
- Ensure media buying team are on pace with bookings and uploaded into the system, ensure billing is completed in a timely manner
- Accountable for media plan output timelines, accuracy, and overall excellence
- Work closely with BC Government finance to ensure accuracy of invoicing or any process updates
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients at appropriate levels
- Manage the expectation of client deliverables, ensuring the team meets deadlines
- Responsible for budget control management and reviewing team updates
- Oversee deliverables on media discrepancy resolution, managing workload with the buying team
- Provide support/problem solving for team
- Ensure key information is provided to the team regarding billing issues, internal agency issues, changes in account status, etc.
- Manage billing approval as required
- Resource for the team for advice and counsel
- Manage the workflow and deliverables against client projects and ensure the team has the resources to deliver
- Guide and assist staff to arrive at potential solutions to problems/issues
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Traditional and Digital media knowledge especially experience in TV, Radio, and Print
- Strong communication skills
- Analytically driven
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Organization – keeping multiple projects on-track, structuring and executing work
- Deadline focused
- Proactive problem solver-anticipating client and team needs
- “Can-do” attitude and proven ability to work in a team environment