Intermediate Mechanical Technologist
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Intermediate Mechanical Technologist
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work – and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful.
Join an integrated team that is working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world. Our team works on diverse industry areas such as generation – thermal, hydropower and other renewable sources of energy, transmission and distribution, oil and gas, and mining.
Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. You’ll find yourself working with leaders in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Successful candidates will receive mentoring and training from Senior Mechanical Technologists/Designers who have a world class reputation for their skillful design of complex industrial piping and mechanical systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Apply design skills to prepare or coordinate the preparation of contract drawings, sketches, and concept design through to construction.
- Collaborate with Mechanical group members, other Stantec disciplines and clients to achieve project success.
- Successfully carry out assignments on project design teams.
- Effectively communicate with other team members in the department or project team.
- Provide technical expertise, mentoring and support to Junior team members.
- Drawing preparation using AutoCAD, Plant3d, Cadworx, AutoPlant, Inventor, Solidworks, Revit, AvevaE3D, MicroStation, etc.
- 3D modeling and design of piping and mechanical systems.
- Data collection and verification in our client’s facilities.
- Preparation of isometric drawings.
- Field representation and drawing interpretation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- At least 5 years’ experience in the industrial consulting industry.
- Strong collaborative skills while working with a single or multi-discipline team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding the importance of complying with Stantec’s Employee Health and Safety (EH&S) program, with a focus on safety in the field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office specifically in Windows maneuvering, Word, Excel and Access is an asset.
- Ability to work in an environment of constantly changing technology and project assignments.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 5 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Stantec offers a competitive salary with full benefits including medical plan, dental plan, vision care, life insurance, disability, pension plan, paid overtime and flexible hours (based on 37.5 hrs/week). We also offer opportunities for travel across North America.