We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you love improving processes, making things more efficient, and helping others succeed? Are you known for finding creative ways to solve problems? Does the idea of working with a high-performing, fast-growing team excite you? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds impactful opportunities—you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Thinkific is looking for a broadly skilled, passionate, people-centric professional to help build out improved processes and foundations for our Marketing and Creative team. As our Marketing Project and Resource Manager, you’ll work hand-in-hand with our marketing leaders to craft new workflows that improve scalability, information flow, team engagement, and resourcing. You’ll be a key part of the Marketing department but you’ll collaborate with teams across the company. You’ll roll your sleeves up and jump in right away to help build new processes, best practices, and documentation, and in the future have the opportunity to grow the marketing operation function by building a team.
In this role, you will:
- Advise on project management and resource coordination for projects across the go-to-market team
- Own internal documentation and proactively document new processes and programs as needed
- Set best practices for our team, organize our filing structures, maintain a live up-to-date index of our key marketing documents, and make information sharing easier across our marketing organization
- Help organize the Marketing and Creative org with annual planning, OKR setting, meeting cadences, and monthly marketing meetings
- Support in hiring and building out specialized onboarding programs for our rapidly growing Marketing and Creative teams
- Consolidate team surveys, communicate key themes to stakeholders, and develop action plans to address key challenges
- Work closely with our marketing leads, Operations, and Talent Development teams to support the ongoing development and growth of Marketing team members through team training, career laddering, and salary banding
- Automate and systematize marketing resourcing to tackle inefficiencies and streamline workflows across the team
- Begin to build out the marketing operations team to include project managers and marketing coordinators
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Possess 5+ years of experience in project or program management, marketing operations, resource management, or a similar role
- Have excellent project management skills, with an ability to manage both small to large scale programs with tight timelines and work closely with key stakeholders
- Show a natural tendency to be organized—you have outstanding attention to detail and can prioritize effectively
- Work autonomously—you enjoy being given a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (you’re just as comfortable sending off a carefully planned email to the team as you are having an unscheduled phone call with a software vendor)
- Know how to work smarter, not harder— you’re resourceful and would rather invest time in finding tech-based solutions to automate workflows than to stick to how it’s always been done
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have a strong understanding of marketing and creative best practices, workflows, and roles
- Demonstrate humility and introspection—we appreciate the ability to admit mistakes and learn from others
- Demonstrate an above-average technical aptitude with a strong understanding of the latest communication and productivity tools and systems (e.g. Google Suite, Slack, Asana, Figma, etc.)
- Previously worked at a startup or tech company during a high growth stage
- Are analytical and data driven—you can use quantitative and qualitative reports and feedback to make informed decisions, identify themes, and create action plans
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience managing and leading a team
- You’ve heard of Radical Candor and are on board with giving and receiving feedback in this way
- Understand how to enable creativity by putting end-to-end processes in place and removing blocker
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified
- Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!