Who We Are
Fatigue Science is Venture Capital financed and the leading provider of predictive human performance data in heavy industry, elite sports, and military. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we build SaaS software that leverages scientifically validated biomathematical models in order to quantify and predict the cumulative effects of sleep disruption on human reaction time and cognitive effectiveness. Our suite of mobile and web applications enable organizations to optimize operations, reduce risk, and drive performance and productivity improvements — both at an individual and enterprise level. With proven impact and return on investment, Fatigue Science serves cutting-edge organizations who understand the importance of sleep as well as the value of data-driven decision-making.
Who We Are Seeking
To continue to extend our lead in the industry, Fatigue Science is looking to add a well-versed and multi-skilled developer to the team. As a Senior Front-End / Mobile Developer at Fatigue Science, you will be an integral part of a small and passionate engineering team. The ideal candidate will embrace collaborative innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Working on different aspects of the core product will involve a mix of front and back-end skills.
- Design and implement web and mobile application features
- Stay up to date with the latest front-end and full-stack development principles
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Collaborate with product management and engineering team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Present and defend designs, key milestones, and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Participate in engineering discussions and activities relating to long-term technical initiatives
Skills and Qualifications
- B.Sc Computing Science, B.Eng Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience developing front-end heavy applications with Angular, React or Vue.
- Mobile app development experience using Ionic, React Native, Flutter, Swift or other technologies
- Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Being proactive and able to work independently on projects, with strong communication skills
- Experience developing back-end applications using Rails, MySQL or similar technologies
- Agile methodology experience
- CI/CD and Automated Testing experience a plus
- Work with a dedicated team who thrive on learning from and mentoring each other
- All equipment you’ll need to do your job including a wearable sleep tracking device
- Great PTO and flexible working from home policy
- Quarterly company events and more
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.