This job is available for application through CareerHero. Contact us at email@example.com to apply or for more information.
North America’s leading HVAC Company is a dynamic, progressive and innovative organization looking for new talent to lead our Kelowna office. The successful candidate will be charged with the overall leadership of this thriving office and the introduction and sustainable growth of our exciting line of Mechanical products.
We offer a competitive salary, variable compensation opportunities, the potential for future shareholding options, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to build a career at one of Canada’s leading companies.
Mechanical Sales Division Manager:
The mechanical division manager’s primary focus is day-to-day sales and customer service. As a manager, they will develop, inspire and motivate their team. The Division Manager working in conjunction with Regional Management and the local team will be responsible for setting the yearly Divisional goals and a Divisional growth plan, and the manager will ensure that all members of their team will work towards these goals. The division works as one unit in conjunction with our airside division to service our customers and increase market share.
• Promote the sale of all mechanical equipment with specific emphasis on Air Handling Units, Make Up Air Units, Roof Top Package Units, VRF, Ductless and Dedicated Outdoor Air Units. This will include:
o Be able to identify, and maximize, opportunity.
o Carry out product selections for engineers and design/build contractors.
o Be able to interpret schedules, construction drawings, specifications, etc.
o Be able to do take-offs, prepare quotations and tenders, prepare and issue submittals.
o Negotiate sales.
o Project manage the entire sales cycle from initial enquiry through end of warranty period.
• Lead by example, hands on sales, design, and planning approach.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all industry stakeholders – Engineers, Architects, Contractors, and Developers. The goal is to get all HVAC Company represented products specified or equal on all projects.
• Take the lead on large estimates and coordinate the ‘packaging’ of mechanical and airside products.
• Manage existing Mechanical product line relationships and develop plans to meet supplier targets.
• Identify and secure additional product lines to strengthen our Mechanical product offering and exploit current market opportunities.
• Engineering or contractor presentations when required to do so.
• Service our customers in an accurate and timely manner.
• From time to time, the division manager will need to visit job sites if a problem arises on a project.
• Work with other division managers on a daily basis. Communication between divisions is the key to the overall success of the office. The mindset for each division manager should be overall office first and individual division second.
• Develop himself / herself and team members through manufacturer’s factory/training visits.
• Train (or assist in training) all outside sales representatives, project managers and estimators in the division
• Ensure that all team members are clear on responsibilities.
Branch Manager Duties
The Branch manager’s primary focus is overseeing the day-to-day activities of the office. As a manager, they will develop, inspire and motivate their team. The Branch Manager working in conjunction with Regional Management and the local team will be responsible for setting Branch goals, and a Branch growth plan, and the manager will ensure that all members of their team will work towards these goals. The harmonious interaction between Administration, the Mechanical division, and the Air-Side Division is imperative to realizing success.
• Full P&L responsibility for the Kelowna office – Sales Revenue, Margin, and Overhead
• Setting budgets and driving results.
• Planning, implementing, monitoring, and improving on both short and long-term strategies to constantly advance the HVAC Company market position in accordance with overall company guidelines.
• Develop and implement programs to improve the quality of our service, products, and systems to meet client’s expectations.
• Interview, hire and establish a process for ongoing staff growth including action plans, goals, and initiatives
• Have a deep understanding of the market, the stakeholders, trends, and regulations.
• Grow and exploit warehouse sales into a self-sufficient business unit
• Develop a sales strategy and establish a permanent presence in Northern B.C.
• Membership & involvement in industry community – SMACNA, MCA, ASHRAE, VRCA etc.
• Proactively monitor industry developments to keep up with changes and make recommendations as needed
• Identify needs for continued success – staff, products, technology, marketing etc.
• Manage the HR and Marketing requirements of the office
• Lead by doing through superior know-how, drive, resilience, patience, empathy, and coaching.
• Be relentless in the pursuit of constant improvement.
You will work closely with and report directly to, the Vice President for the B.C. Region
Qualifications & Desired Skills
• Customer service driven, with a strong sales record
• Ability to interpret financial reports, balance sheets, and income statements
• University degree or College diploma in Mechanical Engineering specialization required.
• 7-10 years relevant market experience
• Strong computer software skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Outstanding interpersonal relationships and team player
• Ability to build, lead, and motivate a successful team
• Be able to self-motivate and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment