FORM (formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Digital Product Designer to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Smart Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time. For the first time, swimmers using our goggles can see real-time visual feedback, with metrics like split times, distance, stroke rate, pace per 100, and calories displayed directly in the swimmer’s line of sight – in pools, open water, and swim spas.
Since launch in 2019, our goggles have been awarded the RedDot Product Design Award “Smart Device”, iF Product Design Award, German Innovation Award, and an ISPO Brand New Award. Press, pro-athletes, and influencers love what we’re doing and are proud to use our goggles. We have an amazing team of people who are fun to work with and serious about what they do, leveraging decades of combined expertise in consumer products, ranging from sports eyewear design to activity tracking algorithms.
To learn more, visit formswim.com.
The Digital Product Designer will have the unique opportunity to craft seamless and cohesive experiences across augmented reality and mobile interfaces in a brand new product category. They will work with the VP of Product, Product Managers and other Digital Product Designers on product development.
They should have five or more years of professional experience in a digital product designer or UX/UI role, and a compelling portfolio. They should be comfortable wireframing interaction flows, creating prototypes, and designing visually appealing interfaces for complex projects with minimal oversight. They should know iOS, Android, and product design like the back of their hand.
- Brainstorm ideas to improve and extend the FORM user experience with Product Managers
- Conduct user research, prototype and test new experiences and features
- Craft UX deliverables such as annotated user flows and wireframes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviours
- Deliver high-fidelity UI designs for iOS, Android, and our FORM goggles
- Collaborate with marketing and the development team to ensure your work comes to life as amazing user experiences
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An awe-inspiring UX/UI portfolio demonstrating proficiency in designing mobile user experiences, with descriptions of your process, role, and contributions
- 5 years of professional experience in a digital product design or UX/UI design role on products that have been released to market
- Knowledge of and experience with UX best practices and methodologies
- A demonstrated ability to prototype and validate design concepts to meet product requirements
- Proficient with industry-standard UX/UI design tools such as Figma, Sketch, XD, InVision, etc.
- Comfortable receiving constructive feedback and critique, and having your ideas challenged
- Wearables design experience
- Video game/gamification design experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup environment
- Self-starter and proactive
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and priorities
We’re daring, we’re focused, we’re human.
We thank you for your interest in FORM and to everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
FORM is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that we are better able to achieve our goals and live our core values of being daring, focused and human, when we have a diverse team of employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, race, colour, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Why are you interested in this position?
digital product design or UX/UI: 5 years (preferred)