We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a fanatic when it comes to customer success? Do you want to be part of a team focused on creating the best possible customer experience? Can you take a vision, empower your team, and turn it into something incredible? For you, it’s not just about making great marketing content, but also about making it useful and meaningful. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Manager of Customer Marketing at Thinkific, you’ll quickly become an expert in our platform and the features and benefits we offer to various customer segments. You’ll work cross-functionally to ensure our customers have what they need to succeed at every part of the customer journey, from activation to expansion to referral. You’re passionate about online courses, understand platform technologies, and have experience using data to identify customer pain points, and you have a proven history of executing strategies to help customers succeed.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a team that’s responsible for helping activate, retain, and expand Thinkific’s self-serve customers, as well as growing the number of customers who refer Thinkific to their network
- Create customer journey maps that help us understand how to best support our course creators, both as a Customer
- Marketing team and cross-functionally at Thinkific
- Develop in-app product tours and collaborate with the Product team to introduce and iterate on other in-app education initiatives
- Work with the Product Marketing team to launch new features to existing customers
- Drive customer success metrics including activation, free-to-paid conversion, customer retention, NPS, product adoption, and revenue expansion
- Project manage and handle the day-to-day execution of customer marketing initiatives on both individual and cross-team projects
- Continuously experiment, iterate, and optimize, making data-driven analyses and decisions with support from our in-house Data team
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 4+ years of experience creating and delivering customer marketing at scale for software users
- Have experience leading a team (ideally one made up of customer marketers)—you love helping people grow and develop their skills
- Thrive on experimentation and moving fast, while staying focused on data and conversion
- Demonstrate exceptional writing skills—you can quickly develop copy that is relevant, engaging, and high-converting
- Know how to successfully prioritize competing initiatives based on impact on company goals and customer success metrics
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have excellent copywriting and content creation chops
- Demonstrate experience creating and executing content campaigns, online events, and other non-paid digital campaigns
- Know how to think outside the box and can come up with creative ways to position features
- Have experience conducting customer interviews
Bonus points if you:
- Can advise customers on how to market and grow their business—you may pull from your own entrepreneurial or business experience!
- Are knowledgeable in instructional design
- Are familiar with in-app communications tools like Appcues, Intercom, etc.
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified
- Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!