This job is available for application through CareerHero. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more information.
About the company:
We are passionate about building resilient communities. From airports, shipping terminals, and water treatment facilities, to hospitals, universities, and shopping centres, we deliver integrated electrical solutions for our industrial, commercial, institutional and residential customers.
While we are leaders in electrical construction, we also specialize in a wide range of in-house technology solutions, including audio visual, building automation, healthcare systems, network systems, and security and life-safety. As a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we take pride in our talented people and collaborative culture that bring our client’s vision to life.
About the position:
Currently, we are seeking a DDC Service Technician to join our Building Automation Controls division, working from our Burnaby branch and reporting to the Operations Manager.
The Service Technician will be involved in building control system implementation and servicing.
- A focus on customer satisfaction
- Engineering, programming and commissioning building automation systems
- Integration of various systems such as chillers, boilers, and lighting panels
- Data acquisition
- Calibration of temperature and humidity sensors
- Training building operators
- Providing service, repair and retrofit upgrades to existing systems
- Select and size control equipment to meet project requirements
- Willing to work after hours and be on call
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in a similar role or education equivalent
- Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Specific expertise and experience with Reliable Controls an asset
- Training on implementation of new technology and products from suppliers
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
- Knowledge of Control System Design and Electrical Control System writing
- Well organized, team player, strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
Culture is important to us. You must be collaborative in nature. You are a solution focused team player and always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. We offer an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package as well as annual bonus and many company sponsored events.