Gratify is looking for a full time Security Engineer to join our growing Platform team.
About Gratify Pay
Gratify Pay is a Canadian B2B Fintech company founded in Vancouver in 2021. We specialize in creating innovative payment solutions for our customers; Payment Processors and Payment Facilitators (PayFac).
Our premier product is a buy-now-pay-later platform. BNPL companies are experiencing hyper-growth, and in the process disintermediating Merchants from their PayFac – cutting them out of the purchase and reducing revenue associated with the Merchant. PayFacs can integrate the Gratify BNPL platform to extend their product offering to Merchants, reducing disintermediation while also increasing revenue.
We pride ourselves on customer experience, speed to market, and innovation. We are building a bank-grade platform and products to support our partners and are looking for like-minded team members to join us on our mission.
About the Role
We are fully cloud based (AWS) and you will be a key member of our Platform team – responsible for all aspects of our information security. You will help manage, architect and build (with the help of our other teams) our cloud security, infosec, and compliance posture.
You are energetic, ambitious, motivated and precise, and you pride yourself on designing secure, maintainable, and elegant systems, processes, and tools that can withstand threat actors, compliance audits, and client scrutiny. You think of infrastructure as code, servers as objects (in an object-oriented kind of way) and are happy working with no servers in sight (in a serverless kind of way). You are comfortable in a high compliance environment, understand endpoint security, authentication/authorization, and cryptography.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Due to Covid all staff are working remotely. When the office opens, all staff will continue with a flexible mixed office/remote schedule.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing cloud security, including serverless
- Broad knowledge of many of the following: OSX, Linux, network, servers, virtualization, security, availability, redundancy and monitoring
- 3+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language
- Strong knowledge of industry tools, patterns and practices
- Experience with SOC2, PCIDSS, ISO 27001, 27018 or NIST 800-53
- Exceptional communication, both written and spoken
- CISSP, SSCP, Sec+, Net+, Cloud+ or AWS Security Specialty Certification
- Experience in scaled out environments and distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of AWS security suite (Guard Duty, Security Hub, WAF, etc)
What we offer in return includes the beauty of Vancouver, colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable, and the flexibility to work the way that is most suitable to you. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and a work environment that encourages and supports your growth & development.
Gratify Pay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Core to our beliefs is that diversity makes us a better team, enables us to build better products, and helps us serve our customers better. We are committed to maintaining an environment where everyone is welcome and part of the community. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications only. We encourage applicants of all ages and backgrounds to apply.